Monday, January 21, 2013

Comic book character Bumblebee inspired makeup look


Hi!!


I love comic book superheros so I decided to do a makeup look on DC's comic book character Bumblebee aka Karen Beecher-Duncan. I love everything about this picture,  from the contrast of  the colors yellow and black ..... the strength she represents and the fact that she's a sista! 


I looked a little tired in my pics with my wild eyebrow (odd and unique brow)....I did this so late at night lol. Anyway I put my own odd girl twist to create this look. Hope you enjoy!Want to know what I used to create this look? Or where I purchased the products..... Hit me up!


WARNING: Picture Heavy!!!




Bumblebee















Makeup Look snippet:
Most of my eye makeup was used with Ben Nye's Lumiere Grande Colour Palette and Urban Decay's Ammo Eye Palette! 

Lips:

NARS lip gloss in Boogie Nights. One of my favs!


I had so much fun interpreting this look. No plan all impromptu!


















Odd and loving it!


Disclaimer: I'm Not a professional makeup artist but an aspiring one. Still learning, still practicing and still growing! 


Have a blessed day!


Court


2 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney- I just did a post about Bumblebee, and thought you might dig it! I've got some Karen love. http://savingwonderwoman.wordpress.com/2013/08/14/unseen-black-power-in-comics-the-bumblebee/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Todd! I will definitely check it out! Gotta love Karen!!I love underrated characters. Thanks for checking out the blog!

      Delete