Saturday, June 15, 2013

My favorite 80's and 90's cartoon theme songs

To me between the 1980's and the 1990's had some of the best theme songs for cartoons. If you're like me you have them memorized, hey maybe you even have one as a ring tone. Plus we all love the feeling of nostalgia. You can't help but to be in a good mood when listening to them. Now, with YouTube, Itunes and social media you have easy access and can listen to these songs anytime.

Here are just some of my favorites. Believe me it was very hard to narrow it down. I was gonna stick with 10 but I added one more for a bonus. Here we go!











Darkwing Duck





Jem




Gummi Bears






Duck Tales



 


Carebears  




                                                                    




 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


                                                                  



   Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers



    
                                                                                                  
   


      Inspector Gadget


                                                                      


Captain Planet (Seriously like my favorite) I always jam to this!

                                                                  



Alvin and the Chipmunks



                               

ThunderCats



                                


There are so many more out there! What are you favorite 80's and 90's cartoon theme songs?


5 comments:

  1. This may be "older school" from the late 70's but I absolutely LOVED the theme music from Josie & The Pussycats, and definitely from the 70's: The Banana Splits!.....And who can forget about Tom & Jerry?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! Josie and the Pussycats had a great theme song! The 70s had some great theme songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom and Jerry rocks too! Thanks for responding

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should mention this. I'm currently curled up on the couch with my little one watching The Magic School Bus. LOL those were the good ole days.

    Anyhow I wanted to reach out to you because I'm BGN reader and I came across your BGN Profile and felt I could relate to a lot you spoke about. Especially the Baby-Sitters Club series (FYI, they just uploaded the entire series to netflix. Win ;) I was also into Sweet Valley and Archie comics, basically I spent my entire childhood in libraries.

    Anyhow, I've been blogging for a while, but am always looking to make more friends. Especially fellow berds ;)

    -Reese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for responding Reese! I totally love The Magic School bus. Those really were the good ole days. It's great to show the little ones what we grew up watching!I love the library and all those classics books. We have to keep in touch! Blerds rock!

    ReplyDelete